Humor columnist Morris Workman shares his "odd-servations" and twisted perspectives on small-town living, national news, sports, and societal whims. His wit and gentle satire are designed to make you smile, make you laugh, and mostly, make you think.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Spammers Win This Round

Okay, Gang, I'm sorry to succumb to the evil bastards who have no soul but plenty of bandwidth, but the spamming has become intolerable.

Therefore, I've been forced to invoke the "word verification" feature on this blog, which will require that you type in a word to post a comment.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but I figure it's the lesser of two evils: impose word verification, or continue to serve as the repository for every scumbag spam on the planet.

Hopefully, this will be a temporary situation, until the spammers get tired of hitting the roadblock, or some genius figures a way to filter out the crap.

Again, I'm sorry to add this pain-in-the-behind extra step, but those of you simlarly afflicted will certainly understand.

Thanks for your patience and loyalty.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jack Steiner said...

The spammers are a pain, but it is better to do this then to be stuck with all of their crap.

3:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Morris, I hate those word verification things because half the time, they prevent me from commenting at all.

Here's hoping you get to read this. ;~D

11:01 PM

 
Blogger Workman Chronicles said...

Thanks, Jack. I agree.

I'm sorry, Parated. I hate the verification process too. I don't want to lose your comments and input. Hang with me, mon!

It's odd, but even on my own blog, I have to use the verification!

Death to all spammers!!!

(Or at least really really bad headaches.)

*Morris

12:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home